Saturday, September 6, 2014

late night thinking

So, I should probably be asleep, and I'll definitley regret this in the morning, but I was laying bed looking at Damon sleeping, and I wanted to type this out before I forgot it in the morning.

I don't even know why I am so surprised that I could love someone so much, and have only known them for a short period of time. I mean, being a second time mom, I should've been prepared for this overwhelming feeling of love.. but wow.. it really is an amazing love you have for your children. No matter if you've been watching them grow for years, and learning all of their silly little traits, or if you've only had them for a month, and all they can do is fart and sleep.

I wish I could keep both of my boys itty bitty.. I just want to cuddle them both all day, and hug them super tight. I will admit it has been a little tough splitting my time between the boys. When Damon starts to eat, Logan needs juice, or help building his race track.. It has been a real adjustment. But, when I do get an opportunity to sit and laugh and play with just Logan, he is the goofiest, sweetest, and smartest toddler. He amazes me everyday with what he knows. And when Logan is napping, and I get the chance to sit and just hold Damon, and cuddle him, it makes me so sad that this is the smallest he will ever be. I love having him curled up in a ball, all nice and warm with me.



Being a mom is the best feeling in the world. Even on the days that I think my patience has just about run out, and I am begging for Mike to come home, I can look at both boys at the end of the day, and know that I wouldn't change a thing.


*sorry, feeling extra mushy tonight..


No comments:

Post a Comment