Tuesday, May 14, 2013

first "camping" trip, day 1

I guess I would consider what we did the past weekend camping.. just subtract the tent, sleeping bags, and sleeping outside. We agreed to split a cabin with our friends out at Yogi Bear Park up past Houston, and it was a so much fun! 

I was a little worried since I was taking Logan alone, and I had to go out there straight from picking Logan up from daycare. Somehow the trip there was not bad what-so-ever! Traffic was not bad considering it was Friday at 6pm, and Logan was in a surprisingly good mood (could have been because of the giant bag of cheetos he had for the trip).. until it was time to get out and see everyone. I cannot explain how bad his stranger anxiety is. I keep hoping that its a stage and that it is going to pass soon, but it's just not letting up.
Eventually, he settled down, and he got a little more comfortable with everyone. There were a few times where I walked away when he wasn't looking, so that he would interact with the other adults there. For the most part, it actually worked!

As far as I know, once I'm not around, he's an angel.. funny how that works, huh? 



We did do some of the well known camping traditions with all the kids, like fishing, roasting marshmallows, and "hiking" which was really just walks around the lake, and occasional trips off the path to see if there was any hidden trails. It's always fun to see how excited kids can get over the littlest things, I love it! It makes me get excited too.



Sitting around a fire with our pretty much second family was fun, as always. It would've made the night a million times better if Mike could have been there but unfortunately he had to work a few hours away. 
It took a little while before I could get Logan to settle down in our bed, and there were a few times when I thought he was going to wake Ryker up.. luckily that kid sleeps hard! 

I'll share some more pictures later, there are so many!




No comments:

Post a Comment