Wednesday, August 21, 2013

hawaii part 1

Hawaii.. Where to even start?? The water was gorgeous, the weather was pretty much perfect, and I think everyone needs to go at least once in there life, if not more! 

We did so many things, so it'd be a extremely long post if I actually went into detail about every thing.. instead, I will share the pictures (I know everyone is DYING to see them) and throw some comments in here and there. 



Scuba diving was by far my favorite thing we did.. such an amazing experience, and I recommend it to anyone to try at least once! Mike and I talked about quitting our day jobs and becoming scuba instructors, wouldn't that be nice. Maybe one day.. 






 Check out that hair^! 


We saw white tip reef sharks up close, which was pretttty cool. But the turtles we got close and personal with was even better.


Snorkeling was not my favorite.. ^


Funny story about the first time we snorkeled- I was terrified because it had been raining that day, so the water was murky and you couldn't see where/what you were stepping on, and I didn't know what was in the water. We were told that the better snorkeling was where the water got a little deeper, so we made our way out. When we got out there, I kind of freaked out and jumped on Mikes back. He was being crushed by me, hit in the face with waves, and we were both choking down water because we were laughing instead of holding our breath.. It was so funny.. I'm sure we looked beyond ridiculous. Needless to say, I am far from a pro snorkeler. 



The second time we snorkeled was a lot better. The water was clear, there were a million and one fish, and I felt a little more comfortable. We saw a turtle that day also, but my camera died the second I saw it (I was not happy).

All these photos were taken with my small Nikon that is water proof. I am so impressed with how well it did on our scuba diving adventure, and I'm even more impressed that it made it 40 feet down, when it says its made for up to 33 feet.. I was very hesitant on bringing it, and Mike kept reassuring me that it would be OK. I'm glad I listened to him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment