Tuesday, April 8, 2014

well darn..

So it's pretty obvious that I failed my new years resolution.. Don't judge, I'm not the only one! Since my last post, there's been quite a few things happening in our neck of the woods.

I quit working. The hours, and stress were getting to be to much, and I felt like I wasn't focusing on my family enough. It's definitely made a giant difference, and it was something that needed to happen. Since I quit, I got back into my photography business, and it has really taken off! I've had pretty much every weekend booked up, and started filling up weekdays too! I have photos coming out of my butt, and I couldn't be happier. It feels good to be home during the day, and also be working. I even got my own website up and working, and I'm pretttty proud of it. 
www.amandacomptonphotos.com if you want to check it out

We found out the sex of our newest family member! Instead of doing a photo, (tried to do one, and wasn't all that happy with the outcome) we changed it up a little. 






I'm pretty happy with it considering it was my first ever video to do, and we had no help. Naturally, there are things I want to change and fix, but that program is not the easiest to work with, so I'll just keep it the way it is. I do want to start doing more video work though, it's a nice change to just doing photos. 

Since we are having another boy, and I am way outnumbered, we got our little girl. 

Don't let that sweet little face trick you.. she is evil! Just kidding, but seriously.. she nibbles, barks, and runs wild, not to mention potty training. Just what you would expect with a puppy. Its like a new baby, but more intense at times. Logan and her have a love-hate relationship, as in it starts off all sweet and turns into a fight, where they roll around on the ground, and ends with crying.. Typically the cry is coming from Logan.  It's all very interesting, and makes for good stories. 

Speaking of potty training, Logan is making a lot of progress on it. It wasn't as bad as a I was expecting, so I'm sure the next child will be my challenge. 


I'm sure much more has happened, but forgetting them is my punishment for not blogging it all as it happened I guess. I do have a ton of pictures at least, and plan to get to putting them up very soon. It's time I start balancing my time.. Between my own pictures being edited, all my customers photos, and spending time with Logan and Nala, I hope I don't lose my mind!

Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment